Birth Control Pills (Oral Contraceptives)
Birth control pills are low-dose hormones used to prevent pregnancy, and usually come in packs of 21 or 28 pills. Children are not affected by these hormones, even if an entire pack is eaten.
- Possible upset stomach (discomfort, nausea, isolated episode of vomiting or diarrhea).
- Provide something to drink for dilution.
- If you have questions, call the Poison Centre.
- This product should be locked up and out of sight with all of your other household medicines.
- Every case is different. OPC is available 24hrs/day to provide information for your individual situation. Call 1-800-268-9017 (Toll-free) or 416-813-5900 (Local).