Crayons are made of a paraffin wax and small amounts of dye, and are commonly sampled by children. They are not toxic, however they can pose a choking risk.
- Possible mild laxative effect as it passes through the system (causing diarrhea or loose stool).
- Provide something to drink for dilution.
- If you have questions, call the Poison Centre.
- If your child is choking, call 911.
- Every case is different. OPC is available 24hrs/day to provide information for your individual situation. Call 1-800-268-9017 (Toll-free) or 416-813-5900 (Local).