Diaper Rash Products
Diaper rash products often contain zinc oxide and are available in the form of ointments and creams. Because they are often left out and the lid is easily removed, it is common for children to sample them.
- Possible mild laxative effect as it passes through the system (causing diarrhea or loose stool).
- Wash hands and face.
- Provide something to drink for dilution.
- For eye exposures, rinse eyes for at least 15 minutes with lukewarm water, then call the Poison Centre for further advice.
- If a child stuffs a large amount of cream into their mouth, it can make them cough and gag or choke. If your child is choking, call 911.
- This product should be locked up and out of sight with all of your other household hazards.
Every case is different. OPC is available 24hrs/day to provide information for your individual situation. Call 1-800-268-9017 (Toll-free) or 416-813-5900 (Local).