Dishwashing detergent can come in liquid, powder or pod/tablet form. These products are usually brightly coloured and may look like candy to young children. Automatic dishwashing detergents have more corrosive ingredients than hand dishwashing soaps and can be very irritating if swallowed.
Dependent on dose/amount ingested.
Low for small, taste amounts.
Higher if pods/tablets are bitten into, or larger amount ingested.
- May cause mild oral/throat irritation in taste amounts.
- Larger amounts can cause upset stomach (discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) and potentially burns.
- Wash exposed skin with soap and water.
- Provide sips of water to drink for dilution.
- For eye exposures, rinse eyes for at least 15 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Call the Poison Centre for further advice.
- This product should be locked up and out of sight with all of your other household hazards.
- Always keep this product in its original container.
- Every case is different. OPC is available 24hrs/day to provide information for your individual situation. Call 1-800-268-9017 (Toll-free) or 416-813-5900 (Local).